Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hopes, Dreams and Cheez-It Crackers








My laptop has been resting for the last two months. I have used it once since i got home and then the battery died and then the power cord pooped out on me. Was that perfect timing as it was just after i got home and not still needing it for classes or was is bad timing...for i don't know why. We will go with good.

A new power cord is en route and i should be able to post more regularly then. Not that i have ever posted regularly...it is more of a mood blog thing i have here. If i am in the mood..i write! If not...i don't. I obviously feel no responsibility to my readers. Maybe that will come someday. Depending on when i wrap this sucker up.

-

PAST
Went to school and took some classes but got only credits and nothing else
PRESENT
Working at Massage Envy and babysitting. (A LOT!)
FUTURE
Obtain my massage therapy license and get on with my life already!


Let me explain.

So this last year was great. I had a love hate relationship with school, as i'm sure most people do (unless you are my sister, then school is just a step below heaven and why would you ever want to be done and leave that?!?!?) and i accomplished and learned a lot. However, i did not leave with a degree. I feel good about what i did accomplish, but i don't feel as though i really accomplished much academically. Personally is a whole different story. I sort of feel as thought i wish i had gotten a degree of some sort, but i'm not sure how i would have done that. I have thought about transferring my credits over here someone and finishing my AA, like at Green River or BCC or something like that, but i don't know. I'm not sure that is a goal of mine so would i be doing just to say i did it or would i be doing it for a reason that has a lasting result? We will come back to that.

Since i have been home, the plan has always been to start Massage Therapy school. I will be going to Renton Tech College if everything goes as planned. I was going to start this coming Spring, but thought that i would really like to pay for this up front. I don't want to go into debt. So i have decided that i will work this year and save enough to pay for school in full when i register.I feel that to be the best way and to feel as thought i don't have to work to live and to pay off debt. I can just work because i want to. So, Jan 2012 i will be starting school. I am planning on making an appointment with an adviser there in order to find out what i should be doing this year to prepare and how much it will be exactly and any pre tests i have to take i could get those done now. Also, what i really want to do, and this plan is only in my head and not actually thought out all the way, but i would love to go to school, get my LMP license and then work as a Massage Therapist with my own practice, while also going back to school to specialize in Child Massage and then start working at Children's Hospital. Now, i have NO IDEA if there is a need for this, or a market for such a degree, but i do know that i want to do it. I want to be able to use my career to help kids. And this is how i have chosen to do it. I would still have my own practice where i massage adults, but i would have my main career at the hospital or somewhere like it.

Now, to get to the point of having all this money, i am going to need to get a real job. I have been working at Massage Envy at the front desk just covering for a person that was traveling for the holidays but that gig is up the end of Jan. And as i know i could find enough nannying or babysitting jobs to fill up my days, i just don't know that it will work. I need health insurance, and i need to be a good tax payer and i need some stability. Plus, as much as i love to babysit, sometimes it takes up half of what i make just to get there. Living out in the boonies where i am i have to fill my gas tank nearly every other day. The plan is to move closer to town, like Issaquah area again, but i don't know when. Feb is my month for getting a job. I know i can do it. I just have not tried yet.


Life is interesting right now. I have no idea what i am doing or where i am going, i just know i am fine with whatever happens. Lord knows what he is doing. I will just go where he sends me.

-

I have had an addiction to Cheez-it's as of late. I don't know why. They are just so...crackery and cheesy and bite size and oh so yuummy! I need to kick this habit. The current bag (which is hiding so nobody else in the house can find it and eat any) is nearly done. I am thinking i will just do this COLD TURKEY! (cold turkey? where did that saying even come from? what does a cold turkey have to do with ANYTHING!) Please keep me in your prayers. GOD CARES ABOUT THE SMALL STUFF TOO!!!!
PS. Did you even know Cheez-It scrabble existed? Do you know how much fun that would be? OH MY WORD! I'm on a mission now. F.I.N.D. T.H.E.M.

-

I am going to start a new little section of this blog where i tell you of a funny kid story. I keep getting told by my family that i should write all this down, but this is as far as i am going to get for now. I don't remember most of them.

KIDS

The other night, i was watching two adorable 4 year old girls. They really were sweet. We had so much fun! One of them i had watched before, and it was at her house, the other, i had met that night for the first time. Their parents were going out to a movie together so we got to party together.

I walked into the house, and set my stuff down. Was introduced to the newbies and started to unpack the craft i had brought to do. This new little girl, lets call her LL, came up to me and said "You are beautiful AND you brought crafts, this is going to be a good night!" to which i responded "I AGREE!" The next sentence out of her mouth was "Later can we plan make believe and you can play my ugly stepmother?".

I said no.

Later on that night, the girls were told that they would have some popcorn and watch some On Demand shows and then fall asleep in the living room. We pulled out a mattress and put it on the floor and they laid down about 8:30 and started to watch some Bearnstein Bears (how do you even spell that?!?!) and by 11:00, AA was ready to go to sleep but since LL was wide awake she was trying to be brave and stay awake with her. So i looked around on the good ol On Demand and found a Sprout Kids goodnight show! YAY! I turned on the 30 minutes of lullabies and AA was out so fast we hardly had gotten started. Then, about 10 minutes into it, LL popped her head up, looked at me and said "This music makes me sleepy, and sad". So i said "why does it make you sad?" She replied, "you know those times that your heart just has a burst of emotion, and you just need to let it out?"

I said...."uuummm...yeeeaaahhhh...." sort of with a leary voice, thinking YOU ARE 4...are you for real?

LL said to me, "well, that is how this music makes me feel. But i will choose to sleep instead of cry".

I said "good choice".

She was asleep within 5 minutes.

The End.


Dear Lord,

Thank you for providing what i need when i need it, even if sometimes i don't agree with your timing beforehand. I know you know what you are doing. If i doubt you, it's not intentional, it is just my frustration being let out on you.
I have had a wonderful weekend and i owe it to you. Thank you for being there for me to vent to.

I love you.

Heidi

2 comments:

Jenny said...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_17?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cheez-it+scrabble&sprefix=cheez-it+scrabble

Tim and Jen said...

Oh Heidi,

You always bring a smile to my face!