Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Startin Fresh


Chantel and I hanging with the whale


Eating lunch with friends




It is only 5 days into the new year and i am already feeling like it has gone by so fast. Where did those 5 days go? It was just new years eve like...yesterday!

What have i done with this new found fresh slate of mine?

Nothing.

Day One: Stayed in PJ's all day...figuring that a new year is like a new car...run it the first few days the way you want it to run the rest of it's life. Step on the gas hard every time you get in it and the car will expect that every time. Going slow will come hard. I figured that if i started my new year off slow and in my pa-ja-ja's and kept them on a while...my year might see lots of relaxing days and cute pajamas.

Day Two: Worked at Massage envy starting at 9am. so much for taking things slow.

Day Three Four and Five...I don't remember. So much driving, so much eating, so much massage envy...not very much sleep.

So tonight, i have decided that it is time to start up this part of my life again and share with you what i am going through and how i am going through it.

I had to change the name of this here online journal of mine as this is no longer an African Adventure. But let me assure you, this new future of mine will for sure be always referring back to that year that changed my life for the better.

The new name was chosen only because i could not come up with anything better. I thought and thought...and kept coming back to this. Once you get over the fact that it has nothing, and i mean NOTHING to do with Christmas, you will see my name... sort of...Heidi Joy...and understand that this blog is me talking to the world about the problems and fun and adventures i get to experience in it and with it.

Comments are welcome and i am not opposed to changing the name.

Too Christmasy?
Too much NOT my name?
Should my name even be in it?
Something more clever?

you let me know.


Tomorrow i will start filling you in what i am doing with my life now. Not that i'm totally sure about it yet...but i will explain the best i can, the best i know how to.

Dear Lord,

Thank you for getting me through the holiday's and being able to appreciate my family and friends. I am excited for what you have in store for me this coming year and hopefully i can stay focused enough to make sure to ask your opinion about every decision i make.

I love you.

Heidi

3 comments:

Jenny said...

*LOVE* the new name! It's perfect and I knew just what it was when I read it! Looking forward to your future rants.. I mean posts! LOL. xoxo

Mona said...

LOVE the new name and love that you started again. YAY. We have to get together, even if it is lunch during your time at Massage Envy

WasSoggyInSeattle said...

Yea! You're back!!! Can't wait to catch up on your goings on!
The name should stay by the way - its refreshing!

Raymona