Monday, March 8, 2010

PMS

Purchase More Shoes!

I have not bought a pair of shoes in 6+ months. Crazy, I know! Now I did receive a pair of boots, but I did not buy them…so I think that should not count against me…do you?

I am going through withdrawals!!!

At home, when I was stressed out, or bored, or excited about something, I would go to Ross or Target or Nordstrom’s and just look at the shoes. Often buying a pair, but not always. It just helped me feel…powerful. I love wearing high heels. They make me feel more like a lady. Now, when I am stressed or happy or bored…I have homework. No more shoes.

I went from this…


To this….




And I’m feeling it! Thankfully mom will be here in a week and will be bringing me some more pairs that I was not able to fit in my luggage before. It’s going to be like Christmas!

Upon packing my things from my last apartment, I decided that I needed to pare down my shoes. I had about 110 pairs when I packed them up. I ended up giving away apx 40 pairs. I brought with me (including the ones that mom is bringing) about 20 pairs, and I boxed up the rest for my arrival back home. I think that is more normal right? 60 pairs?

Living here in SA as a student with NO money has been like a shoe detox for me. It’s helping me deal with my emotions rather than hiding behind a new fun pair of shoes. Thank you Jesus!

I think I could get used to not buying so many shoes….i think.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

And why one earth would you want to do that?! Momma needs a paycheck! BUY MORE SHOES! :)
Maybe you can just fawn over new styles of Signature at www.reportshoes.com - that might help. :)

Mona said...

I too hung up my shoe passion when I had Ava. It is a little awkward walking into a kids playdate wearing 5 inch stiletto knee boots. :)

You will be happy when you get your other 20 pairs. :)

Unknown said...

Blue Jeans
Steel Toe Boots
Done.