Friday, July 30, 2010

What was i thinking...coming back here...HA!

People....i do belive that i have gone insane! Why did i ever want to go back to school?!!?!?! I had a good job. I had a place to live on my own. I had a car that worked. Why, oh why would i desire to go back to school when i hated it the first time?

I have had two days of classes now. I am drowning!

Let's review.

New Testament - love the teacher, however, the information is overwhelming and i don't know how i am going to keep up. She changes the tests and finals so that the questions come from her notes and not really the book, so that means if you don't pay attention and take GOOD notes, you might just possibly fail. However, fail or pass, i do think i will enjoy this class as i learn a lot.

English II - Gonna LOVE IT! Although, we have to write 15 essays throughout the class and each has to be 2 pages and they are a bit hard. You think a two page essay sounds easy, which i would too, but they have RULES you know...that makes them just a smidge harder then normal. My first one that i have to write is "my testimony from God's point of view" and that, as well as the next one, is to be turned in this coming tuesday. I really do think that i am going to like this class as i do like to write, but i don't know if i like structured writting. i kind of would rather just free style it...ya know?

Hebrews - again, same teacher as New Testament so very interesting, however, 3 months on one book of the Bible is pretty intense! We took one whole class, today, just to discuss who the author is and when it was written. The project for this class is intimidating.

Intro to Psychology - Going to be a blast! I really think i am going to like this class. However...all my classes before this have had study guides that were about 150 pages, this class study guide is 432. Also kind of intimidating and i can see how it is going to be hard, but if i enjoy it maybe it will be good.

Soteriology - we have had one class period. I leared how to spell the word, and understood not one other thing the teacher said. I am going to need some intense -on your knee- prayers for this one!

Last semester i took most of my classes as 2 credit courses, and this semester they are all 3 credit ones. Which means, on top of the project each class has, which is usually an 8-10 pg paper, i have another book review on the subject i am taking which is between 15-20 pages. FOR EVERY CLASS!

People...i write a blog....and i have issues with that sometimes! How am i going to write so many papers? I am sort of freaking out here!




I did however get my grades back from last semester....

Man and Sin - C -however that will change cause i have to turn in a paper that i did over the break. Hopefully it improves it.

Intro to Computers - A
How to Speak in Public - B
Introductory English - B
Old Testament Literature - B

So not bad at all! I knew before hand that i was not a straight A student so it was not surprising to not get all A's, however, getting B's did surprise me as i was unaware that i would even pass those classes! I really did think i failed English and Man and Sin...crazyness!

Thank you for all your prayers to get me through last semester...not let's keep it up for this one!!

1 comment:

Erika Bradford said...

WOW! That is quit the load. You can do it. Nice job on the grades too!