Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Let's be honest here...

You remember how last semester i didn't eat for like two months and lost 30lb's and that was cool yet a really hungry time in my life?

well...i'm not going to do that again.

I have been eating the food here. Like, everyday. True, i might not eat every meal, but once a day is good for me! With this plan, however, i have not seemed to be able to lose any weight. Maybe it's cause i like to eat junk food before bed, while i sit and watch a movie. So when all you have had for the day is toast in the morning and a cholate bar in the evening, i suppose weight loss is not the first thing to arrive.

Note: Despite the increase in jusnk food, i still have not broken out in any pimples. Awesome huh! I actaully have not had one since i have arrived here in July. Kind of cool. Kind of the norm. Just wanted you all to know i recognize the blessing!

Now, since this eating habit of mine doesn't seem to want to change, i figured something else will have to. Meaning my routine. I am going to from yesterday on, start doing my workout dvd i brought with me.

I do believe i have tried doing this before but failed after day 3. This time, i will try to get further.

Here is how it started. Last night, i was waiting for a friend to get up to the dorms so that we culd watch a movie. (Road to Bali, with bob hope and bing crosby) She was taking a really long time. So i changed into my pj's and the pants that i had pulled out of the closet without looking, happened to be my yoga pants! So i put them on and it felt good! It felt like i was skinnier already!

I then decided that i should work out, cuase, what's the point of having the pants if you don't use them to their full potential!

I got my pink work out mat out, and my weights. (yes, i had had those things the whole time that just stare at me everyday getting dusty)

I turned on the dvd which is Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. We did a warm up, then some jumping jacks, then some push ups and then more jumping jacks and then ten minutes had passed. I was exhausted! But, i'm strong, i told myself that i could keep going no matter what i thought about myself. Then...

someone knocked on my door. It was a girl that wanted to borrow a cd. So i paused my dvd, get the cd's and noticed my movie friend there in the hall! I hey...perfect timeing, cause i would about to pass out...let's watch a movie! YAY!

I unpaused the dvd, and just full on shut it off. 10 minutes was a great start!

We sat down and started the movie. About halfway through it, the power went out, which it does nealry once a night. We had to grab the flashlight and go downstairs and flip the switch back on. These darn girls are always blowing the fuses!

People, let me tell you! MY LEGS HURT! I mean 10 minutes...that was all i did. And i was in so much pain. I used the hand rail down and back up the stiars. Poor little fat girl...is what i thought. Good grief!

We sat and finished our movie and i then went to bed. I was so tired!

But tonight! It's on again. I got my workout clothes on, i got my mat out, i got the weights in place and then...i checked my email.

Then i decided that i should update this here blog about all this and now, i'm sitting here freezing cold in my tank top wishing i had a swetshirt within reach. When what i need to do..is get up, turn off this blog and turn on the dvd.

Like i said before, i made it 3 days before. Root me on as i try to make it to 30! YAY!

And don't let me fool you. I have the time. I have the space and i have ability. I just don't have the UMPH! But it will come, i'm sure of it.


On another note...my pants are not fitting well again. I bought 6 new pairs of jeans to bring back here with me as my other jeans had gotten too big. And i had given them away. Why keep around what you don't intend on using again. So now, these jeans that fit at home in the states, are not fitting so nice here. A) i have a flat butt. No matter how much weight i put on, it gets no bigger. Wider yes, shapley, no. B) i thought i had a love of levi's...come to find out, i don't. they fit funny if you wear them too long. C) The one pair of jeans that i bought a size too small so that i would have something for later, are now a bit big. I washed them and DRIED them, and put them on and could pull them off without undoing the button, zipper AND BELT!

But yet, i don't see a differece. Strange thing this body of mine. Some day i will get the hang of it.



Ok, time to WORK OUT! YAY! (note, that is a sarcastic YAY...i don't actually have those feelings in me)

Dear Lord,

I am trying this whole work out thing once again. Only you can count as high as i have tried this. Each time i have high hopes. Each time i justify my way out of continuing. Please help me to be real with myself and keep going. Don't let me give up and don't let me get discouraged because of lack of vision. I want this and i need this.

LOVE YOU DUDE!

Heidi


another side note: I left my flat iron on again all day. Stupid. I made another big flat mark right on top of the other one. When will i LEARN!

No comments: