Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Adult Face

At what point in life do you finally look like you are going to look as an adult? When do i stop looking like a teenager and look like a grown up? I think i am almost there. When i look at myself in the mirror, i say "ok, nearly done. You can stop aging anytime." But honestly....how do you know? Does your face stop growing? Am i to the point where stuff starts to shrink and go south? Surley 28 is too young for that! I really hope so! Especially when people don't believe that i am over 22!

At what point did you think you looked like an adult? I am very curious.


Friends, IT IS HOT HERE! I am longing to wear my shorts and tank tops, but they are packed away and i am lazy...so i wear jeans and sweat all day. The sweatshirts have gone un-worn for the last week and i am loving it! With less then a month till i am home, i have little precious time to become a colored person! I need as much sun as i can get if i 'm going to apprear as if i left Seattle at all! I can't come home more white then when i left! That just would be wrong in my head! Not so much excited about only getting a month of summer and then heading back into winter, but i am sure i will survive. If the rumors are right, this winter just might be exciting! Snow for EVERYONE!

I have started packing my things. Sad really. Yet, oh so thrilling at the same time! I am going through my clothes and deciding what i want to leave here and what i want to take with me. If i did not wear the clothes all year while i am here, there is no point in lugging them back to the states to not wear there! I am givng away a whole box of things! Books, papers, cards, clothes, jewlery, junk! It feels good! New start when i get home!

My friend Jenny, dear dear Jenny, oh i love thee! She has been the most faithful of my friends since i have been here! Out of everyone she WINS! She has sent me a card nearly every monday! I get random sweetness from here all the time and i love it. It has made me feel so connected to home and missed. She periodically slips in some Starbucks VIA's or some crystal light or Viamin-C things. Love her for that! This past week, however, she out-did herself! She sent me the new Starbucks VANILLA VIA! Oh my goodness! It's like gold in my mouth! I made the cup of coffee and then retreated to my room to enjoy it in peace! It was the most lovely thing anyone could do for me! Thank you Jenny for being such a great and faithful friend. I am sorry that i will miss you by 3 weeks as you are moving far far away. We will reconnect somehow once i am home! You are a treasure from God to me and i cherish you. I hope you know that.


Yesterday in class, i noticed and had to laugh at this little ....uumm...thing. Our teacher writes on the board usually, but sometime she will just say something that we have to write down. Most student have computers in class but i found that i would be too distracted by other things on my computer to pay attention so i stopped bringing mine. So i hand write everything. My teacher said something yesterday that we all had to write down and so i wrote it down and then was ready for what was next and the teacher asked, "ok, all ready to move on?" and the people with computers were NOT READY! How is it that a person can hand write faster then another person can type. These people are not new to computers. I don't even understand how they get their homework done. If a paper takes me 30 minutes to write, i'm sure it takes them 3 hours. So sad. I laughed, but now that i think about it i guess it's not really that funny.

hhhmmm...


12 days till mom and dad are here! YAY!!! 28 days till i am HOME! So awesome!

Dear Lord,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to have such great experiences. I pray that i will be able to finish this semester well. I am not liking doing all these papers, but i know that it will soon be over.

I love you!

Heidi


Questions:

Do you think God has nicknames for us? What is yours?
When did you get your adult face?
Do you have a good recipe for salsa? (and not that mango junk either!)

1 comment:

Mona said...

You are so fun Heidi!

I think I started "looking my age" around 32. Enjoy your youthful face now, because once it starts, it is hard to go back!

Can't wait to see you