Wednesday, October 13, 2010

SNOT on me once, shame on me..SNOT on my twice...shame on me again!

Tonight i babysat.

You mothers out there, do you have that one thing that just grosses you out? Most people/mothers have that thing. My mom's is throw up. She can deal with most anything else, but throw up... that is where dad pops into the picture!

Throughout most of my 18 year babysitting career, i have noticed that my "thing" is snot. I hate snot. I hate looking at kids with snot, and i hate touching kids with snot. Even worse, i hate the age where the kid has not learned how to "blow" yet and just lets you wipe the never ended sting of snot of their face until a minute later when you thow away the tissue it comes back again, a whole new string, neverending. LEARN TO BLOW KID! THEN WIPE IT YOURSELF!

But since mostly my choices are to look at it, or deal with it, i usually chose to deal with it.

Tonight, while babysitting, the one year old had A LOT of snot. It was disgusting! I gagged several times just looking at him across the room. It was that bad people!

Dripping down from his nose into his mouth, him not even noticing enough to wipe it with his hand, and thankgoodness for that, cause if there is anyting worse then snot coming out of a kids nose, it's snot that is coming out of a kids nose with a snotty line hanging to his hand and then attached to his shirt and you can see it dangling there. All green and white and slimy.

I am gagging while i write this.

Anyway, i was giving the kids a bath, and the one year old, all of a sudden learned how to wipe his nose! With his hand! And then proceded to shove it in my face! I FREAKED! I jumped up, not haveing noticed it coming and grabbed a towel off the side of the bath tub and just threw it on him. It got all wet but a big person bath towel was needed for this kid's nose...it's not too big, i swear!

After totally wiping the whole kid down, i got back down on the floor keeping my eyes on him and started playing again with the toys and the other little boy that was in there as well.

Silly me, forgetting about the neverending snot. I was not paying attention and i had turned my head to do something and when i turned back around, little man was right up against my face, with him finger full of snot, and promptly swiped it across my eye. I now was adorned with green snot eye shadow. Thankfully i had closed my eyes, bracing for the trama as a retreat was not avaliable.

He laughed.

I cried.

I threw up.

He still laughed.

I cleaned myself up, and decided bath time was over. This kid needed to go to bed. Or at least go somewhere else. Away from me.

UGH.

Out of the bath, his nose stopped running and i was able to again, hold him and cuddle, but belive me, i kept a good eye on that nose and those fingers. I learned my lesson!


On another note, I went to the OB/GYN yesterday. Wait...which letters are the baby part? I didn't go for that. I went for the girly part..is that the GYN part or the OB part? So confusing.

I got a papsmear. I'm not ashamed to tell you about it either.

That is two pap's this year!!!! I'm pretty sure i deserve some sort of award or somthing. Or...well...at lease a condolence card would be nice.

I will find out in a week if i am normal or not. Last time they found something "unusual" and wanted me to come back in 6 monts rather then a year.

She said it was really no big deal, and not to worry. I said ok! And i left. The whole appointment was 10 minutes long. 6 of those minutes was the dressing/undressing part. I'm not one to linger around and chat it up with the lady that just did that to me. I need time after these things people!



I am feeling much better from my last post. I don't know what that silly little tummy bug was about, but it got me good! I didn't eat from Tuesday till Saturday! And i wasnt' even hungry. Then Saturday and Sunday, i totally made up for the rest of the week! Like a champt i stuffed myself.

Now, this week, appatite has left me again. I don't know what is it. I just don't want to put this food in my body. Is it more healthy to eat nothing, or to put CRAP into your body? Cause those are my options. Without having cooking facilities, i am not able to prepare anything for myself and you can only eat so many oranges and apples and carrots and ramen noodles.


Wanna hear a cool story?!?!? So, this is totally a God thing! Now you remember when i told you that i was about out of coffee (VIA) and i was not sure what i was going to do? Well, two peole came to my rescue!!! One, my mom. For my birthday last month she sent me a package on August 27th stuffed with VIA's so that i would get it by my birthday! So awesome of her! She didn't tell me what she sent me, but i kinda had a feeling, cause nearly every converstation ended with me whining about what i was going to do about my coffee situation. My birthday came and went, and saw no package.

Now, this other person, my dear friend Mona, also said she would hook me up with some VIA! How great is it to have friends that like you! I mean seriously!Don't burn a bridge...you may need coffee someday! So on or around September 10th, mona sent me her lovely package full of little VIA packets! Bless your soul! That arrived three weeks later. Wonderful day, and guess what....it arrived on the day that i only had one VIA left from my previous stash! God is so good!

But that is not the cool part...well, it's cool, but not the point of my story.

Another week went by and i still had not recieved my mom's package of coffee, which also contained my birthday card. I finally had her get me the tracking number so that i could do some investigating. While looking for this information, she noticed that in her busyness of a life, she had forgotten to put the PO BOX # on the address. She accidentally left the whole line out. It just said Heidi Fields c/o CTS Bloubergrant, 7443. Not good enough for the mail system my friends.

I wrote down what the package had as an address and found someone to give me a ride to the post office. I waited in a HUGE line with my little sticky note and got the window and they guy said "sorry, we need the tracking number" I looked at the note and OHMYGOSH! i had forgotten to write the tracking number down. So frustrating. If i had of driven myself and been able to run back and get the tracking number i would have found this to me annoying but not REALLY annoying. My ride was not the type of person i could just aske to run me back to school and then back to the post office, especially since it was nearly 4:30 and traffic was about to get bad.

So i went back, wrote a new sticky note and put it in my purse, thinking of when and how i was going to get back to the post office. This had been a Monday. Tuesday is when i got that silly tummy bug and as out all day in my room that afternoon and all day wednesday, not even going downstairs or out of my dorm.

I go downstairs on Thursday and as i am walking to class i pass tthe student boxes and i notice that i have a package in mine. YAY, i love mail. I had no idea who it could have been from though unelss someone was surprising me with something. I pulled it out and as you guess, i'm sure, it was from my mom.

I turned my patootie around and went straight to the office. I asked the guy that gets the mail, where it came from. He said that it was just shoved into the PO BOX on wednesday when he got the mail.

FRIENDS....this is totally GOD! See, here, they don't do that. If there is a package, a padded envelope or even an oversized envelope, something small or just something other then a bill basically, they put a card in the box and make you wait in line to retieve it. They had never had a package in there before.

There was not unual making on the package. Just the stamps and address. Still no PO BOX number. It didn't have a note saying where to put it. Nobody had written the PO BOX on it. Just blank.

And i know what you are thinking.."it said CTS, so they just put it with the rest of the CTS mail tha comes in" but no my friends....there at 3 CTS's around this here town. There is no way they would have know which box to put it in.

God is so good! I not only got my coffee from Mona, but i got my coffee from mommy as well, even though it took a month and a half to get here! God's timing is always perfect!

Thank you JESUS!

I am down to two and half weeks of classes. I have 11 papers to write (actually 6 of them are re-submits). I am getting so excited to be done with all this. I have a lot to do in a little amount of time, but there is not point in worrying about any of it. I will do it, i will get a good grade and i will be happy! End of story! If you think like there is no other option, then it becomes true.

Thank you for all your prayers! I appreciate you all!

Dear Lord,

Thank you for my coffe, and for my mommy and for mona and for everyone else that slips a VIA in their cards when they send me mail. I love each of my friends! You have place the people in my life that i needed for this time. Thank you for being all knowing and looking ahead to what i will need.

Please help my test come back from the Dr. as fine and healthy. Thanks.

I am starting to buckle down and get things done, please be with me as i try and concentrate and get these remaining papers done. I know i will need your help.

I love you!

Heidi

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Well.. I didn't make this post, so obviously you didn't get my letter with VIA in it yet!?!?!?!? ;P