Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Epic Post of Nothingness

First of all, i would like you to know that i have nothing to say today. However, with that said, i will now write a whole post about all the things i think about putting on here but just can not seem to figure out how to make a good post about them.

In a very random order...

1.) My fingers are shrinking.

Therefore....my rings are not fitting their proper fingers. Why is it that i am losing weight in my fingers...but not my tummy. And who even knew i had weight IN my fingers! I have small pudgy hands. Always have. No matter what size i was wearing in jeans...my fingers stayed the same. I have had a ring on one of my fingers for the last 5 years...and in 5 years, i have been a lot of different weights, trust me!! So why now does it stop fitting? Why do i have to move it to the bigger finger just to stay on? I am so frustrated by this. I'm not saying i want fat fingers so my rings fit...but...change is hard.

2.) Snacking helps....NONE!

I am in the middle of writing my last 6 papers as i have said before, and i was sitting in my room today thinking about food...cause i'm hungry..obviously. I decided that since i have to suffer in my dorm room like a real student, i might as well eat like a real student! I gathered my bag, empty, and walked to the library. Carrying an empty bag to the library, where the tuk shop is, is a bad sign...meaning i plan on buying more then my little pudgy fingers can carry back to my room. I arrived and grabed 3 cokes, 3 bags of lays, 2 bags of Doritos, 2 suckers and a packet of Meboss. (Meboss is a candy here that i love...like...extra super hard fruit leather that you suck on...sort of.) i fill up my bag and head back to my room. Sit down, turn my computer back on and pop open a coke.

I hate coke.

I do love the sugar high though!

I had a bag of lays and a bag of doritos and then started working! I got through a paragraph and was over it. I was done. I was full...frustrated....and frankly, just sick of working and sick of school and sick of this dorm room.

I think snack food is making me way cranky. Well...actually i think its the school work, but if blame it on the snacks, maybe i won't go there again!

3.) I had a case of the "terrible two's" the other day! I was acting like a little child. I was at the After School Program that i help out with and the kids were doing a word search and coloring a picture. They were all done with their word search and were calm and coloring so i sat down and started to color as well. So fun! However, i colored this little part of the paper that was a fire and the kids started to copy me and my coloring ideas...i got upset. I took another piece of paper and covered it so the kids couldn't copy me.I would sneak my hand under the page and color whit my head tilted to the side in order to see. Then...i remembered i am 28. I realized i don't actually care. I just had a "moment" and needed to exhort my independence. I finished coloring my page and the kids finished shortly after me...having the same exact page that looked exactly like mine. I was happy. They took my paper and started to show it around tot the other kids...then the other tables of kids started to copy mine. I'm glad i could teach them coloring technic. Even if they are copy cats!

4.) I'm brokeish. I have money...in the bank...just no bank. I am trapped like a rat here on this campus and even though i have money i could get if i ever could get out of here, i just have no way to get to the bank. no car...and those with cars are always busy. There is a petrol station just down the road but their ATM machines are corrupt and peoples cards get stolen there...so i'm not doing that.

Now being brokeish, i knew i was running on limited funds. I have a cup with change in it on my nightstand and usually a little something in the bottom of my purse. I was working on a paper last week and printed it in the library. Remember, there is only one printer on campus and it is in the library and you have to pay for your papers by the page and the library is as far away from my room as physically possible. So...i printed. Then i went to my change jar to get R1.20 to pay for the paper as it was 4 pages at R0.40 each. My jar was empty. I went to my purse. No cash. No change in the coin purse part. I looked to the bottom of the purse and whoo hoo! coins! I pulled them out only to find they were quarters. Quarters do me NO GOOD here. I was able to find R1.15 in my jacket pockets but that is it. I was short. I had to leave my paper in the library for three days until i was able to get the courage to ask someone to borow 5 cents. Ugh. I was embarresed and didn't want to. but...the paper was due.

I finally made it to the bank...and now the library is out of ink, so these next few papers are going to have to be emailed to the teachers...I CAN EMAIL THEM?!?!?!?!!?!? oh gosh...what a waste of money! and stress.

5.) I did decide (mostly from the encouragement i recieved) to start a new blog once i get home...so be on the lookout for that one. I might keep the same address but just change everything up on here...i don't know yet. I have no idea what i will talk about but that is fine. I will figure it out.

I am going to start training with my brother Jake and figuring out how to be skinny again so mabye i will use this place as my moaning board about how bad i hurt and how much i hate him for being a drill sargent...that could be fun!

6.) In a discussion about random things with my mom, Costco was mentioned which brought back fond memories of cheap hot dogs and diet cokes. them mom said something about their berry sundaes which i have never tried. I am so looking forward to these small little things about America! God did good with Costco!

7.) Black friday is coming! I'm so excited! New found family tradition is to go to the parade that day! We went last year and had a blast...well..just a few of us went, but we did have a great time. This year, the whole family is going to go and spend the whole day in Seattle! Parade, Starbucks, popcorn, Starbucks, PF Changs, Tully's, Pike Place Market, HOT NUTS, Starbucks, Christmas Tree lighting, Macy's star lighting, Starbucks! Such a wonderful day! Will you be at the parade? Wanna have coffee together? Cause i do!

8.) Did you know that last Monday was the two month mark for Christmas? Who is done with their shopping? Who is the over-achiever that thinks they are cool for getting it done early? Your not cool! Your WEIRD! It's tradition and FUN to be in all the hussle and bustle and yelling and screaming and grabbing and laughing at the mall the week before Christmas! Don't avoid it...embrace it!

9.) I get to have Taco's on friday. Over the top excited.

10.) Mom and Dad will be here in 6 days.

11.) Just recently realized i have enough underware to last me for two full months without doing laundry. Kinda cool...mostly gross.

The End.

I feel that this has qualified as the worst way to avoid writing my paper.

I have so many issues.

Dear Lord,

Today is a great day for studying...except that you made is sunny out...and warm...and you gave me this uncanny ability to find things that need to be done rather then working on my paper. I have no classes today and yet i still seem to think i should do something else rather then study. Why am i like that? What was your purpose for that? Or did i create and let grow that ability. I think i need to focus more. Help me do that. Help me to get this dang (can i say dang to you?)paper done and get it handed in. I don't care what grade i get on it, i just want to be able to say that i completed it. If i do my best, then that is the best grade i could get. Let's get to it!

I have two days of classes left. Help me to finish strong and stay in a good mood. People are starting to get ultra crabby around here and it's getting annoying. Work on/in/with them, k?

Thank you for providing for my needs...except just as a reminder, the library tuk shop ran out of chocolate...do your thing there! I'll go check in a little while! Thanks!

Love you bunches!

Your daughter,
Heidi

No comments: