Monday, October 18, 2010

Africa Arise

This weekend was just down right exhausting!

We had an event planned as a scholarship fundraiser and it was to be a semi-formal event. Catered dinner for 160 people, a well know singer to perform and a speech telling about the school. So fun. I spent all of Friday afternoon/night (till 11pm) helping get things set up and then saterday morning, we went into the hall where it was to be to discover that the school had been broken into that night and someone stole our whole sound system. So sad. It appears to be done by someone that has been on the campus before because they go the security code somehow so that he did not have to 'break' anything. They just walked in, took the stuff and walked out. Not a great way to start off the day of the event.

After many tears and stress, we were granted permission to borrow the sound system of the guy singing so it worked out in the end, but investigators had to be brought in to go over the burglery and it is a big mess.

The even went great and we were able to get several people to pledge money for scholarships. It was such a great success. There were little to no complints from the attendees and the workers! How often does that happen?!

After the event, which i attended rathen then helped at, i changed and volunteered to help take everything down and clean up. The place we got the dishes from was coming the next morning to pick everything up and they require it all to be washed and cleaned. We had 7 people washing and drying and then i was counting and boxing it all up. I had to count 160 dinner plates, 160 salad plates, 160 soup bowls, 160 desert bowls, 160 tea cups, 160 soup spoons, 160 regular spoons, 160 tea spoons, 160 forks and 160 knives. But everything was not getting washed at the same time, or in order so it was HECTIC! I finally was able to get a little help and we managed to finish up around 1:00am. I was SO TIRED! It has been such a long day. With helping out before the event i had to change my "getting ready" time from 3 hours to 45 minutes. Not cool, but thankfully i'm wonder-woman, otherwise it might have been disasterous!

I went to be at 2:00am finally and just collapsed. It felt so great to be in bed, no matter how uncomfortable my bed is, i didn't care at that moment. I hit the pillow and was out.

Unfortunatly ih ad forgotten to turn my alarm off, so it went off at 9:00am (yes, that is when my alarm is set for...9:00am is early! pretty much) I turned it off and rolled back over and went back to sleep. Friends! I woke up at 2:30PM! That would be IN THE AFTERNOON!!!! Gosh it felt great! I got out of bed, slugged over to the lounge and put in a movie. Then i proceeded to watch two more movies and then go back to bed. What a great day.

Today, Monday, i woke up so rested! It was great! I need more days like that!

Here are a few pictures of me and some friends at the event. I unfortunatly forgot i had my camera on me until the event was nearly over, and one of them is upside down but i didn't realize it until it was already uploaded to the blog and you all know my internet, i'm not going to try to fix it and upload again. You can turn your self or your computer upside down. I don't really care.


Dear Lord,

Thank you for being faithful, when we are doing something so great as to help students attended Bible school by raising scholarships, the devil had to come and steal our equipment, but despite his efforts, you have once again come through for us and provided. Thank you for blessing those that follow your call.

Love you!

Heidi