Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Human PopRocks!

Oy Vey! I went to the Chiropractor today for the first time in my life! Two weeks ago, i was cleaning my room and i was squatting down on the floor and tried to stand up and promptly fell over. My left left/hip gave out and i could not get up without using my bed post to pull myself up. I am only 27...not 72. I should have a good hip! I should have TWO good hips! I ended up laying in bed all day for two days in horrible pain. Pain killers were consumed as if they were candy and never once changed my pain. By the third day i HAD to get up and move around. I had stuff to do. So i just dealt wit it. I was screaming on the inside.

It's now been two weeks and i still am having issues. The pain is not going away and it gets worse little by little each night. Emily suggested that i go to the Chiropracor. Seeing as i have never been to one before, i said, yeah, sure, as long as it doesn't hurt more! So we made the appointment for today and i went. She was very nice and explained everything to me. She said that my left leg is shorter then my right one, and that everyone is like that. We all have uneven legs. Did you know that?

She did some pulling and streatching and then put these patches on my back with a heating pad and turned this machine on and it kind of made my back spasm a bit, but then i guess it was massaging the muscles or something. She left me there for 10 minutes while she saw another patient. It was not uncomfortable, but i would not say that i am looking to do it again. She then said that she needed to align my vertabre and that if i heard a popping noise, don't worry. Deep breath in, long breath out.....POP POP POP POP POP POPOPOPOPOPOPOP...they never ended! Goodness! I didn't really feel it as much as i heard it! Then she said, ok, let's do your neck. "huh?!?!?!?" i like my neck. I get grossed out at people who can pop their necks. It's gross and should be done in private if at all!

She grabbed my nack and said deep breath in, long breath out. Then she twisted my head in a direction i didn't even know existed! It popped as well. A lot. The other side did the same. Who knew i was like an unused sheet of packing bubbles?!?!?

She said that over the next few days i should start to feel better in my leg and back, and i have a follow up appointment on Friday morning. I don't know that i can say that i LIKE going to the chiropractor, but at least i can now say that i see WHY people go.

1 comment:

Erika Bradford said...

Ahh you poor thing! I tend to struggle with pinched nerves from time to time and have found myself "stuck". Every move is an electrical shock that causes me to yelp out like an old junk yard dog. EEEoooowwwww! My favorite: I like my neck LOL You are so funny. I remember going to the chiropractor for the first time when I was in high school. My whole body was sore for a couple days. I hope you feel better. I don't get pinched nerves as much since I started running. Most likely because other things will hurt after long runs.