Sunday, April 18, 2010

Just some thoughts...

You know how I was a bad person yesterday???....well…I’m over it.

I had to move on, and I didn’t even think about it once today. I prayed last night before I went to bed that I would get over it and move on or that He would show me what I need to do about it. I do believe I have been forgiven, as there really isn’t much I can do.

Remember that list of stories that I had lost? I FOUND IT! And while reading it, I got bored. So I am not going to share it. You can start thanking me now.

I bought a new address book. The one I was using before was just a notebook. (some of you may remember putting your own addresses in it at my goodbye party) and honestly, it was good, but not great. No real organization. So I upgraded. I got a real, adult like, address book. With the different sections in it and everything! You know the kind, where it separates the sections by letter. And really…there are no instructions, so I just had to decide on my own if I wanted to go with first names, or last names….or heck, both! Seeing as it’s an adult address book, and I feel like an adult with it, I made my choice with confidence!!!

I chose last name.

If you have received a letter from me, I have your address. If not, please feel free to send it to me so that you too can be part of my adult life that I have started!

There are so many big girl things that are happening to me…it’s sort of scary! You know what I have come to realize? Whenever I make an adult decision, or do something that the “under 25” crowd of kids just can’t do, the first person I want to tell, is my mommy. Kind of defeats the “adult” part of the situation, doesn’t it? Oh how I do hope that it does not negate it though. I like being an adult…I think.

(Adults can drive to the store and buy an ice cream and EAT IT BEFORE dinner if they want to…just sayin’)(not that I have done that….this week)

They use Celsius here….did you all know that? It’s crazy! I don’t get it. Students will go around saying, “Hey, tomorrow it’s going to be 35 degrees! It’s going to be a scorcher!” HA! I think, “darn, wish I brought ear muffs” but then…slowly, it comes back to me that I’m not in Seattle anymore. And then, after that realization, I realize something else! That, when we are having 35 degree weather, so are YOU!!!! HA HA HA HA…just not in Celsius! You can KEEP you stinkin ear muffs!

Tomorrow starts two weeks of MA students here on campus. Let me explain in detail, please!

Currently, we have 40ish students attending college here at CTS. That 40, is made up of 4 year BA students, 3 year BA students and 2 year Diploma students. (and one student that is just so confused with life that she doesn’t know if she will be here for another week, let alone a whole 4 years….yours truly) Out of those 40 students, about half live on campus and half live off. Then we come to the MA program. Most students are in the MA program for 3 years. This school is based off of Global University out of Springfield, MO, and is intended to be a correspondence school, so it makes it easier for the MA students that all the material is geared towards that sort of thing. Anyway, once a semester, they have to come on campus for two weeks of INTENSE classes. They have class from 8am to 4pm and have to write 1 – 3 papers A DAY and also read 4 books a week. (big thick study books) Many of the MA students get into the habit of 20 minute cat naps every few hours for the whole two weeks. I have heard that they get VERY crabby towards the end. HA! Normally, they are here the two weeks after the BA students are done with classes so that they don’t have to mix and they MA students can have the library to themselves and it will be quiet. This year, because of the World Cup, they had to mix us. I’m totally excited! New People!!!! I hear there will be about 30 of them! Whoo Hoo!

I’ve been listening to Christmas music all day!

I met a lady today that asked me what made me come here so I gave her my quick summary of my life and why I am here and what I am doing and then she said “can I hug you. You just need a hug I think” and normally, I am fine with hugs, but this lady didn’t let go…she just held me and squeezed really tight and it was super awkward and …well…that’s it.

For Public Speaking, we have to give a speech for our final. It’s not written, it’s spoken. Blech!!! We were given a list of topics and then told that the teacher will go around on Monday and we will draw one out of a hat to see what it will be that we have to speak on. Here is the list:
1) What impact does the world economy have on South Africa’s currency?
2) African conflicts can and should be handled by African countries themselves, and not by third parties. Yes or No?
3) What impact will the 2010 World Cup Soccer have on South Africa? Positive or Negative?
4) Discuss any recent tragedy and the world’s response to it.
5) Discuss the current Global Recession.
6) Divorce creates serious long term effects on children.
7) The social impact of HIV/AIDS
8) Gay couples should/should not be given same rights as heterosexual couples in adopting children.
9) Alcohol has a greater negative impact on society than drugs like Tic, dagga and so on. (Meth, cocaine)
10) A balanced view of poverty vs. prosperity.
11) Exams give no real indication of one’s ability or knowledge.
12) Fast food or home cooked meal?
13) Marriage is/ is not an outdated institution.

It’s not just you that is confused with #10. I hope I don’t get that.

I tend to doodle on all my pages of whatever I’m doing. So many times I can flip through a notebook or study guide and find all kinds of art work! The page that has all these topics listed, I for some random reason, drew a prison cell…with cement block walls and everything!

I’m running low on coffee, so if for some reason you decide to send me a “have a nice day” card in the mail, feel free to slip a packet or two of the Starbucks single serve coffee’s in there. Please and Thank You! (I tried to write that as nice as I could. But really, if you could just read between the lines and see/hear the begging in there, I would appreciate it!)

I started a diary. I know, I know, I just got done talking about being an adult and then I go and tell you that I’m 12 again and have a diary. I live a confusing life. I have only written one entry. (but that is cause I just bought it yesterday) I re-read it today, and I laughed out loud. Did you people know that I’m funny! I thought diaries are supposed to be ubber dramatic…ha…not this one. I don’t even know how I come up with these things. And I promise that I am not telling my diary too many things that I am not telling you. Just maybe a few. Like things that I’m not ready to admit in a public setting.

I need to do homework now. And I’m sure that many of you are reading this at work when you should be WORKING! I’m cutting you off for the day!

Love you all!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh how I love you! :) I actually had some VIA packets set aside to put in your next letter! I didn't even know you liked them, but thought I'd send them anyway. Do you like bold Italian (red) or medium Columbia (orange) roast?