Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day/Brain Condensation/Orbit and GO!

I have had many thoughts today. Which, normally doesn't happen. Normally, in whatever state i wake up in, i just go with it. Thinking only of what needs to be thought about and no more. But today, it was different. I let my mind wonder to every corner of this strange place.

I woke up at 9am this morning. No alarm, which you all know is the best way to wake up, and i immediatly sat up and said (out loud, yes) 'I need to shave my legs!'. so i did. I ran a bath, and shaved my legs, and then got in the shower to wash off all that bath water...cause really, baths don't settle well with me. Sitting in your own dirty body water...i just don't get it. or like it. But with the showers being of the small sort, and only closed off by clear see through curtains, i decided that trying to squat down with leg outstreatched or even bringing said leg up to head heigth on the wall was impossible, so now, when i want to shave, i must take a bath, do the dirty work, and then shower.

I don't shave that often.

After 40 minutes of pruned hands, clean freshly shaved legs and underarms, squaky clean long blonde hair, i was back in my room. I thought about drying my hair, but then thought it was a good day to just let it go free! I put my sweats on and went down stairs to get some breakfast! I know, amazing huh! me, eatting breakfast! It's a new thing i'm trying.

I was all alone, eating my toast and corn flakes. I had not seen another person since i awoke and hour earlier. However, with that thought, i remembered that i was in the bath/shower for 40 of the 60 minutes and i am sort of GLAD i didnt' see anyone else.

I finished my breakfast and made my way back to my room. I sat at my computer and tried to start some homework but was ever so distracted by my blog reading and google searching of whatever i fancy. At 11:00, i decided that i had been awake long enough, it was getting ridiculous. So i went back to bed. I slept till 3:00pm.

And by slept, i mean i fell asleep only to be awoken by girls in the dorm thinking they know how to sing and having pointless LOUD conversations right outside my door. But still, i was persistant. And though all of that on again off again sleeping, i managed to be asleep for the hour of lunch. Shame. I arose out of my bed at 3pm. but only because i was leaving at 4pm for church and i still had to do something with my wild hair. Air drying is not always the prettiest way to go. Especially when you sleep on it. Kind of kinky. I flat ironed my hair, make-uped my face and dressed my body and was out at the parking lot waiting for my ride by 3:45. My ride didn't show up until 4:10. stupid africa time.

Church went well. It was a long sermon but really good. Michael did a really good job, as always!

The church was FREEZING COLD! Everyone was in large coats over small coats over long sleeve shirts over short sleeved shirts over tank tops...with a scarve. Somewhere about halfway through the service, my nose started to run...but....i am not sick. It was one of those 'out of nowhere here it comes running down your upper lip cause it's too cold to keep the stuff up your nose' kind of runny noses. It got me thinking...what is it exactly...is it water? is it snot? is it a mixture? why is it also cold? why doesn't it warn me it's coming? and WHY O WHY does it come only when i'm freezing cold? Then it hit me. Brain Condensation! You know, like when you have a water bottle with ice in it, it's so cold on the inside, that the outside has condensation...well...it's so cold on the outside of my head, that my brain produces condensation on the inside, and it comes out my nose.

I'm pretty sure thats fact.

Tonight, i put some teeth whitener strips on. And i sneezed. I ALWAYS sneeze when i whitten my teeth. Not with dust, not with pepper...just teeth white strips. Have YOU ever sneezed with those on before? It's like if you don't know what you are doing, they will just fly right out of your mouth! I know this from experience. Those things don't stick very well! I promise! I have had lots of practice! I now have a routine. I stand in front of the sink, put them on and then stare at myself until i sneeze. Cause i know it's coming. And when it is about to blow, i open up my lips and place one finger across my upper line of teeth and one finger across my lower line of teeth, hold the strips in place and do the most ridiculous sneeze ever. It really must be a sight to watch me. Which, so far, i have not allowed anyone the pleasure.


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

My mom. I love that lady! I have gotten to talk to her for only about 5 minutes today. But that is ok. She is a busy lady. Working and getting ready for Haiti. Amazing women. She never stops. But, i guess, that is what defines a mom, right? Someone who never stops. Even when they are sitting down resting in a chair, they are forming list upon list in their heads of what they will do once they have left the comfortable chair. I admire and look up to my mom in a way that i don't do for many people. And not just because she is my mom.

Mom, you have done a wonderful job with us kids, and even though, like most kids, we can drive you crazy and think of you as a bank, you never let us forget that you will always love us and be there for us. (and that you are in fact NOT a bank) You have been a huge support to me while i am off having my adventure here in Africa. Thank you for being my biggest supporter and fan.



I love you worse!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you bunches, miss you more and am for sure going to get that sneeze routine on video one of these days!!