Thursday, May 20, 2010

studying? ....for what?

So last night...around about 7:30, my body had somehow tricked me into thinking it was around 11:30...i did not fare well with reality. I wanted to climb into my bed and get all snuggly warm and drift off to sleep. But 7:30? Really? I just coundn't. For the principal of the thing! So i stayed up and online for another two hours. Then went downstirs and kept a friend company while he ate his late night dinner of Top Ramen (cause i'm not the only one that doesn't like what is served for dinner around here)

After my return to my room, i glanced around and decided the clutter could wait till the next day! I got in my pj's and climbed into bed. I was asleep before my head hit the pillow. You know those type of nights. I slept so good. I awake on my own, no alarm at 8am and checked my phone. I had a missed an SMS from a friend and asked if they wanted me to get up and get online so we could talk and they said they had just gotten into bed and we would talk in the morning. Well...it WAS my morning. And my 8am is Seattle's 11pm, so i decided that because we weren't going to talk for a while, i might as well try to get some sleep while you are! So i nicely fell right back into my warm slumber.

I awoke at 1pm.


1pm people! I didn't just fall back asleep for like an hour or 30 minutes. I slept for another 5 hours!!!!! Crazyness!!! I don't know what is making me sleep so much! I just don't understand it!?!

After waking up at 1, i decided that even though i was sleepy and wanted to just stay there still, that i HAD to get up and be a productive person! After all, i'm right in the middle of finals! I should be studying like the rest of the students here! Right?!

I got up and wondered down to the libray. I had a book that i had read the night before and there was one left in the series and i wanted to read it. So, i grabbed the book off the shelf, sat down, read two chapters and decided the book would be better enjoyed from the comfort of my bed. But don't you agree!?!?!

Back in my room, it being 2pm by now, and i again was back in bed. =)

I sat and read the book till 6pm. I decided that since i had not eaten or drank anything all day that i should at least make an appearance at dinner. And note: while there, i had several people ask if i had been around the last few days. Apparently me reading in my room is entitled "hiding" around here.

I got some dinner, but just pushed it around on my plate till the cook went back into the kitchen and i could safely throw it in the trash without her glaring at me. I then grabbed an apple and headed up to my room. I was at a good part in the book and wanted to get back to it.

For the next 4 hours, i sat in my bed and finished the book. It was wonderful! I love reading. The series i was reading was the O'Malley series. They are Christian mystery novels. So good. I greatly enjoyed them.

It's now 10:45pm and i have not started to study yet. I think tomorrow, if i get a bad grade on my final, i deserve it. I REALLY need to figure out a way to make my priority list...well...a priority. Good thing this was the last book in the serious huh!

Tomorrow i am writing my Public Speaking class final. And you all know how much i LOVED that class! I did pretty well on all the tests so i am not worried about it really. I'm sure even if i didn't study at all i would do ok. But, don't worry, i WILL study. I promise. Since i slept in till 1, i have several more hours before i will go to bed. I just hope i don't decide to clean my room before i start studying...


I NEED TO FOCUS!!!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Not eating regularly means your body doesn't have fuel to opperate, thus leaving you tired... and no, coffee doesn't count. Plus, an overall lack of nutrition can leave you anemic (low iron) which will make you extremely tired. Just sayin'. Love you.

The Oregon Thorndikes said...

Yes you should focus....but O'Malley books are really good...in your defense....hee hee.
Love ya Heids!

Mona said...

I also think the pure stress of finals can have you wanting to put the covers up and sleep. Just power through, try to get some good protein in you and it will be over soon!