Saturday, May 8, 2010

i hate speaking

I have a speech on Monday. It's for my public speaking class. We have a written final and a spoken final. I wish it was all written. I got the topic of Global Recession. So it's not a hard topic, but it's just the fact that i am going to have to talk about it in front of people...we are judging me. The teach has brought in 3 other teacher/staff members to help judge us. I'm totally NOT excited. It's bad enough doing the speech in front of my friends and the one teacher, but to do it in front of others...oh my.

I also have my Old Testament Notebook that i was supposed to work on today. I didn't get to it though. I will do it tomorrow. maybe. It is due on like tuesday or wednesday, so i am not rushed. I worked in the library today and i got bored sitting at the front desk so i grabbed a novel off the shelf and started reading it. I had already read it, but forgot how it ended, so i just read it again. I read half of it and then had to close the library and then came back to my room and finished it. It was 310 pages. I like that i read fast, but sometimes, i get so into it that i lose track of time and i lack in self discipline greatly so i can't just put it down. Even if it's a stupid book. I have to know what happens and i can't just read the last chapter, cause that means you miss all the details, and that is what makes a book good....and ...i'm rambling. Sorry. So, yeah. I read a whole book again today.

i was able to go over to Greg and Emily's house on tuesday night. It was nice. I did my laundry and had a good meal and was able to relax. So great to be able to get away for a bit. When i got back to my room that night, i decided that as i was cleaning my room, i would put on my jeans that i had just washed and dried so that i could stretch them out a bit cause you know how dryer jeans are so tight and stiff till you wear them a bit. I hate that feeling. Especially in the morning when i am just starting out my day. I don't want to have to squeeze into my jeans. So i put them on that night and guess what.......they were not tight! Like...it felt as if i had not even dried them. It was so strange. I think i am losing weight. I can see it in my face. I think. Or maybe it is just hopeful thinking. Being wildly hopeful about soemthing can tend to cloud your juegement sometimes. So i don't know...i guess i will have to weigh myself and see. But it's not that much weight, and it's only becuase i don't each much anymore. It's not like i'm doing anything healty. I eas once a day. And have one or two cups of coffee. And i usually just eat a sandwhich, or few pieces of fruit. The food here is ... well...you know, gross. I could eat it and be unhealthy and gain weight, or i could not eat it and be unhealthy and lose weight. I think i will take the latter.

I just watched the movie What About Bob? last night. I forgot how much i love that movie! You should go watch it, cause i'm sure you haven't in a while, and it's a classic.

i am headed to bed now, but i will try to do another update tomorrow. Being Mother's Day and all!

Have a wonderful day!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNY!!!! LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I JUST saw this post! Shame on me! Thanks for the bday shout out! And the email... and the text... :)