Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 1,2 and 3

The following is a list of random things that i have learned while here so far:

1 My eyebrows grow like crazy while in flight
2 I crave coffee more in the heat then i do in the cold
3 I LOVE L'Oreal shampoo (as bad as it is for my hair, i don't care)
4 As much as i thought i liked to fly...i was wrong. I hate it now
5 There really shoud be a 12 step program for Blackberry addiction. I am goiong crazy without my storm! I never realized how much i was on it or depended on it before now


Day 1: Thursday January 15th.

I arrived to Cape Town at 10:00am on the dot! Met with Greg and Emily and we headed home. I am staying with them at their house until i move into the dorms at school on Sunday. We were able to relax and i took a shower and then Emily and i ran to the store so that i could get a few things. (such as a hairdryer and a flat iron and some above mentioned "shampoo of the gods") Then we went to the mall and made a few more stops before going to Nando's for dinner. THE BEST chicken place in the WORLD. It's MY favorite at least. After that we stopped and grabbed some frozen yogurt and headed home. I did my best to stay awake as late as possilbe. My goal was 10pm, just to try and get acclimated asbest as possible and as soon as possible. I made it to 9:00. So not too bad. I went to bed and procceded to sleep for 13 hours!

Day 2: Friday January 16th

I awoke around 10am and got up and showered and got ready for the day. Emily and i left the house around 1:30 and headed over to the school so that she could have a meeting and i could say hi to a few people and pick out my dorm room. I chose room #1. Then we headed home and all 3 of us went off into our offices (me in my bedroom) and were on our computers for a while. Then we headed out at 5:30 and saw Sherlock Holms. A much better movie then i thought it was going to be. I would actually see it again! We came home after that and ordered pizza and watched an episode of The Big Bang Theory (or favorite show) and then split again to our computers.
Note: The movie theatres here are WAY cool! A whole lot better then the ones back in the states. They were SUPER comfy seats, they had little trays at each seat instead of cup holders. The tray could fit your popcorn AND your drink! And when you go up to the desk, you can order your ticket and your popcorn from the same person...such convienience! And...it's assigned seating. AWESOME! You can look at the screen and pick out which seat you want and then they give it to you. Way better!

Day 3: Saturday January 16th
Well...today we got up and went out to breakfast at a great crepe/pancake place. It was at the mall. We ate outside on the watefront. Beautiful! Then Greg and Em had an appointment so i walked around the mall for a while, sat outside and watched the boat go by. (yes, just one went by) Took a few pictures and then sat dawn for a cool drink. It was a great afternoon. Then we drove home but stopped along the way at a little hidden beach that we just happen to come upon. It was BEAUTIFUL! I got to take a few more pictures and walk in the water (which is freezing!) and then we came home, had some lunch and now it's nap time. We are going out to dinner later tonight but for now...it's all about relaxing!

Here are some fun pictures from today! (comments below each picture)


Driving to the mall - a picture of Table Top Mountain




Me just sitting on a bench enjoying the sun



The mall that i was at on the waterfront


The Beach that we stopped at




2 comments:

Jenny Matthews said...

Hey lady... I saw Sherlock Holmes on Christmas morning and LOVED it too! :) Hope you are having fun getting settled in your dorm room... how ARE all those clothes fitting in the closet?! xo

WasSoggyInSeattle said...

What an adventure... it can only get better. How exciting for you!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers! Keep blogging!

Raymona