Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday

So today is Wednesday and i just finished classes. It has been a good week. Nothing really exciting has happened...well...unless you call an unruly game of UNO last night that got out of hand, exciting!?!?!?! (which, i do, actually!) Re-match is on for tonight! I showed a little bit of my mad skillz last night in card dealing. I am now known as "vegas" in our after-hours card club. Just making Bible school memories...that's all!

We are still in the middle of our orientation. We have been going over theological things about what they teach here and such things. Tomorrow, starts the classes on how to write papers here and what is expected in the non-theological classes. We will finish out our week with that, and then do the same thing all next week. Oy! Then on the 8th, our real classes start!!!! I have not had any homework besides reading thus far, however, i just noticed that we have to turn in a 3 page paper tomorrow from our homework tonight. It's no big deal, however, after talking to a few students, i am the only one that has decided to do it. Strange, i know. If it's homework, you would think, "ok, i have to do this and turn it in" right? Apparently that is not a common thought around here. If they feel like it and if it doesn't get in the way of their "life" then they will do it. Maybe i was just raised different. So, that is what i will be working on tonight! (actually, right after i am done with this, as t library closes at 4:30 and that is the only place to print.) They don't have personal printers on campus. Also, you have to pay $.20 a page! Long papers can get EXPENSIVE!

Yesterday, as i was walking into the hall where the meals are served, i scratched my toe on the door. Like it took some skin off the top of my toe. OUCH! Then, last night as i was laying in bed reading, i felt a slight sting on that toe, and i looked down and a mosquito had bitten me RIGHT ON THE SCRATCH! What the heck! Now it hurts double bad!

This morning when i got up, it was raining. I believe that i jinxed myself by putting that it had not rain since i had gotten here in the last post. So i took a shower and got ready for the day. I put on my sweatshirt and jeans and wore my UGG's. I walked downstairs and it was BRIGHT AND SUNNY!!!! i decided not to change as maybe it would raid aging in a little bit. Nope. I was sweating ALL DAY! At a short break that we had i booked it back to my room so that i cold put some flip flops on, but didn't have time to change completely. I'm so used to rain making the weather cold. I forgot that here...if it rains, it gets muggy!!! Which just intensifies the sweating! I'm glad i'm out of the classroom!

I have not taken any pictures of anything, but that's cause i have not done anything. Sorry. My classrooms are not very interesting, but maybe i will try and get some of my fellow students. Maybe.

I hope that you all are having a great week! Enjoy your Wednesday!

1 comment:

WasSoggyInSeattle said...

I laughed about the rain and the cold... we were the same way here in New Mexico. It would get cloudy and we'd bundle up only to find out it was 80 degrees outside... and when it rained, same thing - warm. Hard to get used to but we finally are getting it. Winter is a little different but spring/summer/fall... WARM even when cloudy.
RAymona