Thursday, January 28, 2010

BUTSOFT

Today was a good day! Not that they all have not been in some way good, but today i was just a happy person! All Day! Amazing. I got up early, had a skype date with some friends and then got ready for the day. Since i was up so early, i had time to actually do my hair and put on makeup and dress in something other then just jeans and a t-shirt. I wore jeans and a jacket today! I think making an effort and actually doing something in the morning makes me far more awake and ready for the day then if i just put my hair in a "regal up-do" (pony-tail) and throw on some clothes and go to class. I felt more....ALIVE today. We started the class with a new instructor today. She is going to be our English teacher and she is also the principal of the school. (i may have mentioned her before) So that makes things fun! She is super nice and a great teacher but she is one of those chheeky tricky people that is super sweet to you, but still mark your papers down...i have been warned about her! I am excited though. so today we talked all about the expectation of us on how to write a proper paper. Form, style, content. That such stuff. Very thrilling. (NOT!) Most of the stff we went over i already knew, which was nice. Some of the stuff was a little different then the way i learned it 10 years ago, but i followed along. One cool thing, is that we are going to learn how to speed read! Sorta. The teacher only had about an hour today to go over it and an hour tomorrow, so she is just giving us the basics and then we can come to her if we want to learn more. I totally am going to do it!!! I have always wanted to know how to speed read! Like that robot...what is the movie called where that robot reads like super fast? Jonny-5 ???? Somthing like that. One of my favorite movies (even though i can't remember the title) I know i most likely will not get to the speed that a robot is at, but i will sure try! This has me really excited people...you don't even know!

After this whole academic day is done, i am walking out of class and the English tacher comes up to me and says "Heidi, are you going to take the English class" ? Come again?...i didn't even know there was an option NOT to take the class! She said that she thought that i would be fine without taking it and that i might find some other class more interesting! YAY! However, i told her that i don't think that i should just say no to it. I think that i should have to test out of it. If i can pass a test that she would normally give at the end of the semester or year, then sure, i'll move on, but if i don't pass the test, then i would like to take the class. She said fine. That we would look into it. Then, we also discussed doing the same thing with a few other classes, so that is cool!

As a few of you know, i said that i would be putting my grades on this here blog to share with you how i am doing. Now i don't know. I got my first grade back and i'm ashamed! Remember back last week when we took that test that was just to see how we are doing right now and how much we know? It was like a placement test? Yeah...well...remember that Bible test that 150 questions and i finished it first? That didn't do so well for me. I feel like a stinkin HEATHEN in this place! Instead of giving us our real grade for the test, she gave us our "percentage ranking". It's like out of everyone ever who has taken this test, what grade percentage am i with? Umm....i got 15. out of 100%...i got 15%. UGH! These thoughts were starting to run through my head..."i KNOW i am a Chrisian, i KNOW that i have read my Bible, i KNOW this stuff" but still...apparently my memory and what year exactly lot's wife became a pillar of salt is a little fuzzy.

moving on...

We also did a 3 part english test. Part 1) there were a bunch of sentances and we had to pick out each word and say what they are. Like verb, noun, proper noun, adjective, any many more things that i had never heard of. (honestly!) I got a "D". SORRY TIESHA!!!!! I know i should have paid more attention to that in high school. But honestly, in the 10 years that i have been in the work world and not in school, not once has an employer asked me to conjegate anything or have me pick out all the proper adjectives out of a contract or work order or antyhing! No joke...never happened. I feel bad that i got a D, but i totally have it justified in my head. I'm over it.
Part 2) Write a letter to a coal pen place and ask for an exchange. I got an A+. 100% Thank you very much! I have proper letter writing abilities!
Part 3) Write an essay on why Bible schools are important for the growth of a church. I got an A+! hey HEY hey!!!!!!

I am really glad that these scores were not for real. They don't go on any document in my file or anything. It was just a "See where you are" test. when we leave the school, i hear that we have to take the Bible test again. THANK YOU GOD! I will be able to redeem myself!

I can not promise that i will share every grade, but i think that i will try to share most. I think it will keep me positive about what i am doing and knowing that i have to tell it to a bajillion people i might try just a little harder. Maybe.

We got a new girl today!!! YAY!!! We are now up to 5 girls!! We have a total of 14 in out class now. It's great! She is a little shy, but will get used to use soon enough. We still are the quietest class they have had in a long time. We say NOTHING in class. They have to coex (sp?) things out of us just for a discussion. It's kind of funny. So many of use are "thinkers" and not loud people that if you ask us a question, we like to think it over before we offer an answer. Ha...i can see when the teachers get frustrated, and it makes me laugh.

I'm going to let you all in on a little frustration here that i am having. It's about toilet paper. Not a common subject, but one i feel the need to vent about. And honestly, what is a blog besides one big vent session?!?!? So, the school here is not doing the best financially, and they have given us a "supplies" budget. Out of this budget, comes the purchase of TP. They also do not have it in the budget to hire a cleaner this year for the girls or boys dorms. I don't know what it is like in the boy's dorms, but here in the girls, it's pretty tidy still. However, it seems like we NEVER have any toilet paper. How is it that 10 girls go through 6 rolls of toilet paper in 24 hours? Huh? Apparently last year they had an issue with it as well because they had someone stealing the toilet paper. Like they would replace the roll and a few hours later it would be gone. So then they went to issueing each person a roll and then you had to bring it with you when you went to the restroom up here in the dorms. STUPID! WHO STEALS TOILET PAPER?!?!?!?!?!? For the last 3 days there has been nothing in the restrooms. My mom, the darling know it all before it happens person she is, secretly snuck two rolls of toilet paper in my bags when i wasn't looking. So i had my own to tote with me. However, you never really know if there will be any each time you go, cause maybe there was a full roll when you went a few hours ago, but now...could be gone! So i am bringing my roll of TP with me every trip! It's annoying! And, since there has been no "cleaning crew" established yet, there is nobody in charge of refilling it. It's like we all think that someone else will take care of it. And...i just found out today, that when you DO go get toilet paper refills, you have to sign for it so they know how much you are using! Oh GEEZE! This place is so crazy!

I was in the restroom today and i noticed the new roll sitting there ON TOP of the old roll...people are way to lazy around here to even change the roll, and the new roll had it's wrapper still on it. This is what it looked like.



i thought it was funny.

i have lots more to say, but i think that this has gotten too long! I will save my stories for another time! (Knowing me, i will most likley posta gain in a few hours! HA!)

Thank you to all of you who have written me email and notes! I really appreciate you! And for those blog stalkers out there that like to read, but not comment...i appreciate you too!

1 comment:

Jenny Matthews said...

You know you had a great day because you started it with US! :)
I just came to the blog page to write a comment and I like the new back drop! Very fun!